WHAT IS TORM?
Torm means storm in many languages. It is not a “sit back and relax”- type of a bike. Torm is for an active city commuter and makes a great bike for both genders.
Torm is for people who want:
- to stay active and full of energy,
- a clean style bike with comfortable fit,
- to commute environmentally friendly.
STYLISH AND COMFORTABLE
The minimalist and sleek design of the bike is an eye-catcher. By the looks, you could never tell that you’re facing an electric bicycle. When you think about it, it looks like a familiar fixed-gear style bike.
Torm has 2 different sleek and eye-catching colors: discreet matte black and glossy white. (see the gallery)
SELECT SPEED AND PEDAL ASSIST LEVEL
The electronics of Torm produce pedalling assist that feels natural, following smoothly the intentions of the rider. The main source of this natural feel comes from intelligent torque sensors down in the bottom bracket. Rear motor produces 40Nm torque when it is most needed – on acceleration and hill-climb. This is combined with 9 mechanical speeds that is more than enough for most of the city routes you take.
Pedal assist helps you up to 25km/h, but given the lightness of the bike, it is easy to accelerate beyond that point.
PLENTY OF RANGE FOR CITY RIDES
Torm has 7Ah integrated Panasonic battery, providing range up to 80km, depending on many aspects such as pedal assist level (0-5), terrain, wind, temperature, riding style, speed, etc. For those who worry, if they can use their bike in case something happens to the battery – the battery is easily replaceable. And the ride goes on.
EFFICIENT DISC BRAKES
Front and rear disc brakes of Torm allow for safe braking. Brakes are easy to adjust and maintain. The bike is great for upgrades as it is fully ready for Shimano components.
- Max Speed with Pedal Assist: 25 km/h
- Range: up to 80 km*
- Max Load: 120 kg
- Frame: Aluminum Alloy 6061
- Brakes: Front and Rear Disc brakes
- Cassette: 9-speed (11-32T)
- Motor: Direct drive rear hub motor, 250 W
- Tires: Wanda 28’ / 700C x 32
- Battery: Panasonic, 7Ah, 36 V DC
- Charger: output 42 /2A, input 100-240V
- Charging Time: 3.5 h
- Recommended Age: 14+
- Product Net Weight: 18 kg
- Frame Size: M / L
- Size fit to user height: M: 160 – 180 cm, L: 175-190 cm
- Pedal Assist System: Torque Sensing PAS with 5 levels of assist
- Gears: 9
*Range estimate is based on lab tests with total weight 75kg (including bike), flat road, temperature 23°C, wind 2-3m/s. In reality, the range depends on load, riding style, wind, temperature, terrain and pavement, speed, pedal assist level and pedalling effort.